I got it into my head last weekend that I MUST have a Nintendo Wii. I am a product of the Nintendo generation- I had the original console when it came out, and upgraded to the Super Nintendo in the mid-nineties. I'm old enough to have had friends who had the original Atari console, even. But once the Playstations and Segas and Xboxes started proliferating, I realized that my hand eye coordination just wasn't going to cut it anymore with all the knobs and 72 new buttons and vibrating controllers, and I'd probably rather drink or have sex than play video games anyway. Now that I'm married and I don't drink anymore, those aren't really options.
Hence, the Great Wii Quest of early '08. My husband and I called every big box store within 30 miles, literally; I called every small retailer listed on the Nintendo website; I even raced down to Colma to try to get the last one Circuit City had on Friday. I was crestfallen, dejected, irritated, and more determined than ever to get my hands on one of those sweet pale portals to fun. See, you don't want to tell Christine she can't have something. That she won't be able to find one. That she wasn't meant to have it. Then she gets cranky.
I am an impatient woman. An only child. I have laser-focus when it's something I want. And I'm definitely afflicted with mild OCD, because I cannot rest until the object of my desire is obtained and put to good use in my living room with a fake race-car steering wheel and a little Wii bowling. I will continue calling, every day; I will continue my hunt for the best possible online-bundle of accessories; and I will emerge victorious.
Originally written 2.08
No comments:
Post a Comment