I don’t care if my President or Vice President has smoked pot. Or done coke when he or she was in college, for that matter. I get it. I do care, however, if his or her children get knocked up at 17. I want them to be aware enough to see what’s happening under their noses, whether it’s their kid having unprotected sex or a sibling spiraling into drug addiction. And a conservative anti-abortion, pro-creationism family keeping an unwanted pregnancy is no big shocker. And just because a woman is “relatable” doesn’t mean she’s qualified.
Observations from Day 2!
1. Governor Huckabee had a crush of TV cameras and microphones in his face, trying to press his way through Radio Row. He’s kind of short.
2. There’s no amount of soap that can cleanse me after accidentally shaking the hand of the Reverend Lou Sheldon, head of the Traditional Values Coalition. Ick.
3. There is one thing more frightening to me than the hard-core Christian conservatives—Young Republicans. All I see is that scene in Pink Floyd’s The Wall with the faceless students on a factory assembly line.
4. St. Paul has some really cool antique stores on West 7th Street. Check them out sometime.
5. Anarchist protestors are idiots and deserved to get concussion grenades tossed at them. I was around the corner waiting for my hotel shuttle at the time.
6. Joe Lieberman is patronizing and in for a serious wake-up call if the Democrats increase their margin in Congress.
7. Radio people are smarter and more fun than TV people.
Originally written 9.08
No comments:
Post a Comment